- Common issues
- There is no ad request to networks configured. Why?
- Why are my in-feed ads loading slowly?
- Why are my ads taking a while to load?
- How do I reduce ad latency?
- What is the ad latency with a third party SDK network?
- What is the ad latency with your API/S2S integrations?
- I’ve integrated the SDK but don’t see any impressions. What do I do?
- DoNotDisturb (DND)
Debug & Test mode
Glispa Connect (formerly Avocarrot) SDK for iOS provides a debug mode that will print useful information about what data is being sent to Glispa Connect Server in your logs.
AvocarrotSDK.testMode = YES; AvocarrotSDK.logEnabled = YES;
AvocarrotSDK.testMode = true; AvocarrotSDK.logEnabled = true;
There is no ad request to networks configured. Why?
If it’s client library network, your app should have the network’s adapter. And the network should be in your waterfall.
Why are my in-feed ads loading slowly?
If you are using in-feed native ads, you can leverage our ad caching to avoid ad latency issues when your users are scrolling through your app feed.
Glispa Connect SDK has a cache system for in-feed ads with specific sizes (deviates according to platforms). When you initialise in-feed ads, they will start loading and our SDK caches the in-feed ads when loading has completed. After this, they can be inserted into your feed without any delays. The ad must be shown to the user before it can load a new ad into the cache system.
See “How do I reduce ad latency?” more information on ad latency.
Why are my ads taking a while to load?
An ad can take some time to load due to the ad latency. This is the total time it takes for a server to receive and process a request. If our SDK integration was installed correctly, then the ad should serve without any lag time. But remember, ad latency can still depend on various external factors. The more layers (services or operations) you add to the integration, the greater the possibility for latency to occur.
Some external factors that affect latency include:
- Ad networks and their 3rd party integrations
- Internet connection
- Device version
- Ad units
- Configuration of the app
For further information on how to reduce latency, please refer to our recommendations here.
How do I reduce ad latency?
Our recommendations to minimize latency would be the following:
1. Consider implementing pre-loaded ads since it’s considered best practice and helps reduce overall ad latency. As a publisher, you have full control to separate the events to “showing and loading”. We recommend you to implement this method.
See “Why are my in-feed ads loading slowly?” for instruction on how to pre-load In-feed ads.
2. Integrate with our S2S networks as the round-trip time would be much faster and direct.
What is the ad latency with a third party SDK network?
Glispa Connect has always kept in mind the number of networks in the ecosystem and the possibility of ad network congestions which lead to latency. We do have full transparency with our own S2S integrations, but do not have any visibility on the latency with third party ad networks. These scenarios are out of our control, which is why we strive to ensure our ad latency from our server and API integrations are as minimal as possible. In addition, every SDK network operates differently and therefore, their latencies and performances can vary depending on the ad network.
What is the ad latency with your API/S2S integrations?
The most optimal end-to-end latency for Glispa Connect would be with our API integrations since there are no third party SDKs involved. The average minimum round trip is ~500ms. A round-trip is the total time required for a request to be sent and back again with a response. The latency for any given round-trip includes the following interactions:
- Glispa Connect SDK sends a request to the Glispa Connect server
- Glispa Connect server processes the request and sends the request to the ad network
- Ad network responds back to the Glispa Connect server
- Glispa Connect server sends the final response to the Glispa Connect SDK
I’ve integrated the SDK but don’t see any impressions. What do I do?
There are two possible reasons you might not be seeing any impressions: Integration or Configuration.
Ideally, you can use the Demo app and enter your Ad Unit ID. This can be found in your dashboard under each ad placement.
Now, insert this Ad Unit ID in the Demo App. If the ad is served in the demo app, but not within YOUR app, then there is an integration issue.
If this is the case, please reach out to us and we will happily assist you!
- You will be required to provide the following information:
- – The Glispa Connect SDK integration code
- – Set the app on the debug mode
- – Logs for ad request
If you entered the Ad Unit ID in the demo app and still did not see any ads served, then there is a configuration mistake. To resolve the issue, you will have to re-check the configuration and make sure all the ad placement IDs are correct.